Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2009

I was shopping at my local extra-large national retail store this afternoon and saw something I couldn't quite figure out. A woman with two teenagers by her side was paying for three carts full of groceries. This lady used three different food stamp cards. The three cards did not have enough credit on them to completely pay the bill. This is when something happened I could not believe (never mind the fact one person had three different food stamp cards). This lady took out of her purse a roll of money that would make a Las Vegas gambler green with envy. After the woman paid her bill and left I asked the cashier if everyone had three food stamp cards. His reply was "quite a few of them do". I paid for my purchase and proceeded to my vehicle. By coincidence the lady with the food stamp cards was parked beside me and was still loading her groceries into her vehicle. I wish I had brand new Chevy Suburban like she did! How does this happen? Why is my tax money going to a person with a roll of money and a brand new suburban?

No comments:

Post a Comment