Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Both President Obama and Vice-President Biden, along with several other politicians, have been quoted as saying healthcare is a “right”. I have read, re-read and re-reread the constitution. I did see the rights that everyone is familiar with: the right to keep and bear arms, the right to a trial by jury etc.. As much as I looked, read and hunted though, I could not find an article or amendment that bestowed the right to healthcare upon me. There must be a hidden clause somewhere in there that I just can’t seem to find. I am not a fan of or listen to Rush Limbaugh but I did see an interview with him on a national news program. Mr. Limbaugh said something that rings very true: “ A right cannot be taken from an individual”. The old adage of “Whatever the government gives, the government can take” is just as true now as it has always been. Not only can the government take away healthcare, they can ration it, change it at anytime or use it for leverage to achieve other goals. NO THANKS! I will keep mine the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment