Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Scamming the sytem

I was shopping at my local extra-large national retail store (Walmart)this afternoon and witnessed something that took me by surprise. A woman with two teenagers was using three different food stamp cards to pay for two cartloads of groceries. The three cards combined were not enough to pay the bill in full so this lady pulled from her purse a roll of money that would make a professional Las Vegas gambler green with envy! After the woman left I asked the cashier how many people he saw with multiple food stamp cards. He told me “quite a few” people had more than one food stamp card and some bragged of learning how to “work the system”. I paid for my purchase and made my way to my vehicle. By coincidence the woman with the three cards was parked beside me and was loading groceries into her vehicle. I wish I had a really new Chevy Suburban like hers! How does this happen? Why is my tax money going to a person with a roll of money and a brand new Suburban? Should retailers be required to notify the state when this situation occurs? What a waste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment